Scotts Valley was named after Hiram Daniel Scott, who purchased Rancho San Agustin, including the valley, in 1850 from Joseph Ladd Majors. Before Majors, the property was owned by José Bolcoff. Bolcoff was the original settler and first European to claim title and live in what was to be Scotts Valley. Hiram Scott built the Greek revival style Scott House in 1853. Situated behind City Hall and is on the National Register of Historic Places. The house originally stood on Scotts Valley Drive, near where a Bank of America branch is now located. It is he and his family whom the City is named for. Scotts Valley also features a variety of great restaurants, entertainment, and services as well as some of the best schools in Santa Cruz County. This town is a great community with a very diverse culture; Scotts valley attracts a lot of young professionals who are looking for great schools K-12 and a close commute to the Silicon Valley over Highway 17.
Write a message below
Prefer a call? Call us at 831 435 8518